January 20, 2007

We Suck S13's Cecilia Dry!


Cecilia Mantilla Sucksterview


On December 19, 2006, Cecilia Mantilla from Season 13 showed up at Sucks and started a thread entitled "Don't be mean to me - I just wanted to say hi :)." It's now up to 61 pages!

Cecilia: Hey guys. This is Cecilia from S13. I've been looking forward for the day I would be allowed to post and I could come in here to say hi. Thanks for all the laughs. You guys can be really mean, but you are also hysterical. I think I have one fan, so thanks salchicho for being my Sucks fan :)

For the past few months I have had a heavy Sucks addiction, and in that regard, I'm glad the show is over, that I way I can go out and find me a new hobby :) And I'm sure you guys won't believe it is me ...you can go to my My.Space to prove it.

Kisses.
C.

Most Sucksters were doubtful: is this really her?

IDENTIFYING CECILIA
salchicho: Allow me to say hello to the most beautiful woman in survivor history. Only you could have made those socks work.

Piranhahaha: What do you go by? Cece?

Cecilia: My friends and family call me Ceci, (some Ces) Cristina started calling me Cece on the show and it stuck.

The Purple Parrot: Why did you choose Cecilia13 for your nic?

Cecilia: Because it's Survivor 13 and my birthday is January 13.

NIGHTCRAWLER: Can we get an IP check here to see if this is also Ozzy?

ireguy2: Are you the one that got shot? All you people are too alike for me to tell apart.

Cecilia: I was on a few episodes of Cook Islands and it is really me. You guys are funny. I love it!

With some My.Space magic, Cecilia finally convinced us she was for real, and everyone got on with imploring her to show us her boobs, er asking about being a recruit.

RECRUIT!
Cecilia: I auditioned for TAR, stood in line since 5 am (actually the two Asian brothers were in line with me at a semi-finals), jumped for joy when I was called back for semifinals, had my heart broken when I didn't go to finals. CBS found me from my auditions interviews because I was a "fiery Latina." :)

Will: Do you regret being on Survivor instead?

Cecilia: NO, I'm soooooooooo glad I did Survivor.

salchicho: Who would you have been on the Amazing Race with?

Cecilia: This would have been my TAR partner. (My BFF at the time and roommate.) She's crazy. You all would have loved her. But maybe they didn't like her.


salchicho: Since you were recruited did you get to skip the application portion?

Cecilia: Being "recruited" doesn't mean you go straight into the show, at least not in my case. I had to do a video, fill out an application, get interviewed and drilled with questions. Got clowned for my outfit, etc. and it's the same for everyone else. All it really meant was a fast card to finals, which, yes, I know, it's a lot more than most people get but we all still had to sell ourselves. I'm sure that there are a lot of "recruits" who don't make it.

salchicho: What did you do for your video?

Cecilia: It was pretty plain, but it was edited well. It was just me talking about who I am and how I'd be great for the show. I was wearing a shirt that said "las latinas lo hacen mejor" = Latinas do it better, and I played up the Latina thing. I guess that is why Jeff said that some of the inspiration to separate the group by race came from me.

Cassidy666: Ceci, so what can you tell us about the interview process? What kinds of things do they ask?

Cecilia: Hmm… it’s weird. It kinda just flows. I mean a good applicant is someone that can come in the room (wt MB, JP, TS, etc.) and just get the conversation going. I remember the fist meeting I was wearing a long dress and they were all making fun of me “where are you going? To the prom?” so I just went along. That kinda became our lil’ “inside joke”. For this season a lot of the questions were around the race. “What is the right term? Latino or Hispanic? What do Latinos think about Asians? About Caucasians, etc.” Random stuff. I guess my advice is just be ready to be larger than life, start the conversation, be funny, be comfortable, act like you don’t care and it doesn’t faze you.

Slick Fitz: Ceci, is it true that during the interviewing process, they ask you about your sex life?

Cecilia; I don’t remember, I think they asked me what kind of guys I date. But during the psych evaluation there are questions about your sexual behaviors, drug usage, history of being crazy, etc.


CECILIA's FLAME EFFORTS
Most posters were friendly, but there were a few irrational haters. Example, star jumper: Get lost whore. No one wants to remember some skinny ass skank that didn't even want to be on the show. You make me want to vomit.

Cecilia earned kudos with her replies to the haters, notably with this: "Hate me all you want, call me a retard, stupid slut and spank me hard. I'm still a dumb stupid slut that was on Survivor and you both are dumb stupid sluts that were not. So eat one and choke on it."

FOB poster: You're fat.

Cecilia: Thanks! I really try. When I was younger in Peru, I was wearing shorts and some guy yelled, "Take off those sticks, put on some legs" and I was really sad. SOOO GLAD I FINALLY PUT ON SOME WEIGHT!!! yay!

Dogmatic Atheist: Whose ass is bigger and rounder, yours or Cristina's?

Cecilia: Hmmm, your dad's.

FOB poster: She's fat and I make more money than her.

Cecilia: I hope you do, dude. Your dad told me blow up dolls are hella expensive. But, you seem like a real smart dude, so I'm sure you and your dad buy in bulk? Or do you share? You probably share. Make sure you clean it up after your dad uses it. You don't want to be all up in it after your dad was in some dude's ass. Hygiene is your friend!

LOL, eh? She's a fiery Latina, alright. Luckily the haters were few and far between and most of the posters were good-natured and friendly. Even some of the haters were converted into civil question-askers. I've culled quite a lot of but not all of the Q&A from the Sucks thread.

PRE-SHOW NIGHTCRAWLER: What did you tell all of your friends and co-workers when they asked where you had been for the past 6 weeks? Who actually knew where you were?

Cecilia: Well, before I left I was debating on what to do with regards work. So I told a colleague and asked him what I should do. He recommended telling the partner just to be safe. So I did. The partner was uber-supportive and he kept his word to keep it a secret. The colleague didn't. So by the time I came back, it was a huge rumor mill at work. A lot of people knew. I only told my closest friends. They were extremely excited and supportive. Helped me train, go shopping for clothes, etc. That was another amazing thing about the experience, receiving so much support from my family and friends.


GAME PREP salchicho: How did you prepare before you got to the island?

Cecilia: I gained weight, went swimming, rowing, tried balancing on stuff, obstacle courses, studied this Cook Islands website on food and animals available, studied camping stuff, fire making, water filtering, watched old Survivors and looked at challenges, etc.

Callboy389: I'm afraid they might not take me in regards to the excellent physical health requirement... is that process pretty grueling?

Cecilia: Hmmm, they give you a physical for your doctor to complete. I think it's pretty thorough, but normal physical test. No crazy tests or anything. CBS does a normal quick physical: weight, blood pressure, etc. They do ask about your health history. The mental is longer. You get tested for like 2 hours: personality, IQ, mental health, etc. It's not like you are going to space; more like you are applying for a government job.

Will: So if you take medication daily you're pretty much screwed?

Cecilia: I think the answer to that is considered “under contract Survivor secret.”

MoGuL0212: Once you go to the location, what type of preparation did TPTB give all of you? What types of Do's and Don'ts did they offer when it came to day-to-day life, e.g., what to eat, what not to, etc?

Cecilia: I remember someone “spoiled” this one. So I can talk about it. They got a couple of local gurus to come and train us on the island. The most important thing is that they taught us about “ciguatera” and they showed us the fish to avoid. They also told us about noni (remember when Oz flipped of the camera when he found noni?) Well they told us about that. I think they were tired of having seasons where contestants are completely worthless and they just sit there because they are completely starved or hurt. They wanted us to be well equipped.


EARLY GAME
Krom777: Did a lot of people get seasick on the boat? If so who got sick?

Cecilia: Oh my god! It was vomiting central. Horrible. The first couple of days (before the game) the weather was beautiful. And the day the game started, it was like MB turned on a switch. It was like “bring on the drama.” Almost everyone – including production and crew - threw up. I was the only one on my tribe that got seasick. I was kinda worried about it, but they were nice. Oh, couple of fun facts: I was laying on the floor of the boat dead to the world, and I opened one eye and I see CaoBoi taking stuff from the boat (rope, supplies, etc) and putting it in his bag. He sees me. We smile. Shit, if he is smart enough to go ahead and get started, he deserved that rope. Another one, as soon as I got on the boat I had to run to the side to puke, and I feel someone patting my back. It was Yul. That is when I knew he was an absolute sweet guy. He didn’t know me, we were on opposite tribes and he was trying to comfort me.

McWolcott: Cecelia, when you didn't get picked for TAR and were approached for Survivor, did it bother you at all when you realized you were probably chosen to fill out the ethnic group they put you in?

Cecilia: No, it didn't bother me. I'm a child of affirmative action (smile). The whole race thing was cool with me because I soon realized that they had cast 20 very diverse people with a real good heart and some very smart folks. I knew that it wasn't gonna be a ridiculous race war. From the beginning we were very cognizant of the ramifications of our actions, so we took it as a positive experience.

survivor300: When were you told about the race separation?

Cecilia: The night before the game started.

salchicho: How were chores divided up at your camp?

Cecilia: The guys did guy stuff (build shelter, go fishing, heavy lifting); the girls did girl stuff (cook, clean fish, clean up, etc.) The division of labor based on gender made sense (I guess one of the things that the "race" thing made possible.) Latinas are known for taking care of their men and Latinos for taking care of their women.

Misanthrope: Well, not sure I'd put it that way. Or rather, you're right, but it's a meaningless (or loaded?) statement because isn't that true of all cultures? There are, however, different protocols, parameters, etc.

Cecilia: I'd agree that it's true of all races, but I'd say more if there is a relationship/ friendship/something. In this case, it was right off the bat without knowing each other that we "assumed' our roles without much drama. That is why I never saw JP as bossy and a tyrant on the island, like the Raro girls did. If you have been fishing all day, getting cut and scraped on the coral, the least I can do is pass you the fricking machete so you can cut a coconut (that I will probably drink out of too).

When we merged, the one thing that was different was the assignment of roles. I can expand on that later.

salchicho: Was Cristina as bossy with Aitu as they edited her at Raro?

Cecilia: Yes (sorry, Cris.)

growsonwalls: It seems like you guys were given a lot more 'survival' stuff than contestants in previous years. No one ever seemed to be starving. So what were you guys given in terms of food and supply?

QuizGuy66: Yeah, the perception of this season is that the food practically served itself to you guys (Jonathan for example catching 20-something fish in one day). Did you ever feel that deprived in terms of food in your short time there?

Cecilia: Well, we weren’t “given” supplies. We fought for them in the boat, just like on the first season. The only thing we were “given” right off the bat was the outrigger. Also, the food catching: people just got better because they went out every day and they practiced. The first day we got there, we all went out on the outrigger and Oz was out for like 45 minutes and only caught 2 fish. The next time, 4, then 8 then he was Poseidon. Same for Jonathan, I don’t know what he caught at the original Raro, but when we merged, he went out and caught 1 sad sea urchin. 10 days later he was a fish catching machine. So yes, we had an advantage in comparison to other seasons because of all of the coral heads that were so close to our beaches and we had supplies from day 1, but almost everyone made an effort to go catch food.

platinumtic: How was it walking around in the jungle with all the bugs? I'm fine with animals and reptiles, snakes etc. But every time I see one of you walk around barefoot in the jungle, I'm thinking ECK, you could be walking right onto some nasty bug or poisonous bug.

Cecilia: It wasn’t bad. I didn’t see any creepies. Only mosquitoes, a couple of spiders that was all.

NIGHTCRAWLER: Cecilia - can you put an end to this rumor? True or false: all tribemates are driven to each tribal council and it's only made to look like you guys walked there.

Cecilia: Hmm, can’t say. Sorry.

esarnecky: Who were you the closest to? Who did you like the least, best and what would your dream team be?

Cecilia: While on Aitu, I was closer to JP, then Cristina, then Ozzy. But then Ozzy was my one and only. At the time I left the game, I liked Oz the best, Jonathan the least. Dream team? If the team were not divided by race, I would have wanted: Ozzy, Yul, JP, Flicka and Cao Boi.

Survivor2004Freak: CeCe, what was your memorable moment on Survivor? And was it really as hard as it looks out there?

Cecilia: Wow, so many. Well I gotta say the boat in Ep 1. Too bad you guys didn’t get to see a lot of it. It was the most hilarious thing ever. People are falling on people, chickens are drowning, people are getting kicked in the face. And through all that, Jeff is keeping his cool as machetes are going by his face. For months after, and even now, I think about it and can't help but laugh. JP climbed some ladder thing to get some supplies and he later said that when he looked down at the boat, it looked like a crazy cartoon. It was hilarious.

misanthrope: Do you think you would've been as loyal to your original tribemates if the tribes weren't divided by race? A lot of people have asked whether race remained relevant throughout the game. Put differently, did racial awareness and the structuring of the game based on race make original tribal ties deeper than otherwise?

Cecilia: I don't think that it was about race. It was about the people. Even through the Billy drama, we had an immediate bond. Yes, Oz and Cristina fought, but they worked it out. I don't know why she turned on JP. That made me mad. But at least the few days there were amazing. We did everything together. Day 1 we went out fishing on the boat and paddled like a happy family. The boys went fishing, the girls watched the boat. We even had assigned seats. Every morning we went exploring, fishing, crabbing together like a team. We fed each other. It was a true bond. That is why it was that much of a slap in the face when Billy was not pulling his weight.

smokeitgood: Cecigato, how did you log onto your My.Space during the first few days of filming?

Cecilia: I asked my friend Adrienne to check it for me. I didn't want it to look like I had fallen off the face of the earth (i.e. Cook Islands) since I wasn't responding to comments and things. So that was her logging on for me.

salchicho: What would have been your luxury item?

Cecilia: They picked my journal. Lame. I actually wanted a boom box to have something to dance to.

salchicho: What did you miss most when you were on the island?

Cecilia: Nothing. I was really happy. I guess I was cold, so I would have loved a sweater, dry socks and blanket.

smokeitgood: I was wondering if you have any idea why the person who typed up your favorites for your website bio spelled every single author's name wrong for what you put down.

Cecilia: Yes it was a Laura/Alma confusion. I remember what you said about my terrible handwriting.

garblue: Ceriously Cexy Cecilia, were you offended when Jeff Probst said you would never win the game in the TV Guide channel Survivor preview? Why do you think he would say that?

Cecilia: Yeah, I was annoyed. I guess the reason was that I was really nonchalant about the whole thing. Because I was not a fan (yes, I was recruited), I was not aware of the magnitude of the show. So I was all "valley girl, whatever" about it. I don't know... also, I'm not a great swimmer (ya'll saw the shot of me jumping off the boat plugging my nose), but I really think that if I had made it past episode 3, I would have reached the merge for sure.

salchicho: How did they stop you guys from speaking to each other before the show started?

Cecilia: They yelled at us.


EP 2: THE BILLY BOOT/THROWN CHALLENGE
finishthemoff: "What is your reaction when you saw this?"



Cecilia: Well, this was him resting because he was sick. Actually he didn't sleep while we all worked, he just sat there and had to be asked to help. And in all fairness he did get up and do stuff, but we had to ask and it was all slow. In any event, I was annoyed. We were all busting our backs to have a decent camp to get more rest and be OK and stronger to compete and I felt that I was spending more energy trying to get him to do stuff than just doing it myself.

finishthemoff: Is that true that Billy is a main reason why you guys came in second during first TC?

Cecilia: Hmmm, I don't know. Without being a sore loser, there was a bit of "bending of the rules" by Puka. For example, they talked while they were not supposed to be talking, they cut corners, etc. If you guys notice, the first person is already on top of the plank thing before all the N S W E squares are in and before all the rungs of the ladder are in. They beat us by very little time. Billy did slow us down a bit, though.

love me or leave me: Looking back, did you regret throwing that challenge seeing as how three of you went out one after another right after that? Think it was maybe karma or just bad luck?

Cecilia: The challenge --- well. Definitely this season was all about Karma. So yes, maybe karma came back to get us. But at that time, with the adjustment to living on an island and being part of this crazy human experience, it seemed like the right thing to do. It was part that Billy was not trying at all, part that he tried to make alliances with all of us the day we got there, and part that we just did not feel that he was with us (the original Aitu.) So all in all, the Latinos got pagonged (is that the word)??

fsmdud: Actually, the word is "OWNED."

AMAI: The word would be "Pagonged," except Ozzy ended up coming second, so it doesn't apply.

Cecilia: Looking back, I don't think the decision affected my boot (Billy would have ended up on Raro most likely), but it did affect JP and Cristina maybe.

Karen1407: Cecilia, was Billy as sick as he said? Was THAT the main factor for throwing the challenge or was it that he was trying to align with all of you guys?

Cecilia: Yes, he appeared to be sick (some of us actually think he may have been faking it) but he did throw up a lot. The main reason for me was his lack of teamwork and the sour attitude. For JP it was that he couldn't trust him. I'm not sure for Oz but I'd say lack of teamwork. Cristina just went with the flow. At fist she didn't want to, but then she did.

What I do know is that in this season, being a "player" and knowing the game gave people a bad feeling. Like in Billy's case, people saw him as a threat because he knew the show front and back.

Krom777: Ozzy shouldn't have shook that rope to make poor Billy fall in the water in that challenge.

Cecilia: At the time I didn't notice that it was Ozzy shaking the rope. I thought it was Billy trying to hold on. I think that was mean.

tutorial: Was it Billy's sole decision (which eventually indirectly led to Ozzy's loss) to send the hunkalicious Yul to Exile?

Cecilia: No way, it wasn't his at all. He keeps on taking credit for that. He is only one. It was the team's. He just pronounced it. Ask Ozzy.

salchicho: So it wasn't really Billy's decision to send Yul to Exile Island?

Cecilia: He made that up. It wasn't his decision. Since we all knew we were going to lose, we called it ahead of time. He asked to be the one to "say it." He said, "Let me be the one to say it so that they are not mad at you guys."

AMAI: Wait, did Billy know you were throwing the challenge, or did he just believe that the decision to send Yul was made "in case" you lost?

Cecilia: He did know. We didn’t know that he knew. But at tribal he said it “I heard them talking about throwing the challenge,” and Jeff asked JP, "Did you throw the challenge?" and he said, "Yes." Did that air? I don’t remember. I think it did. In any event, supposedly he knew. But the weird thing is that he didn’t confront us until tribal. Which is weird. Knowing him, he would have tried to confront us before…

CSCin3D: Why would you guys want to send strong people to Exile Island when you know they had a better chance of finding the idol?

Cecilia: We didn't know he was smart. We just knew he seemed to be the leader of Puka, and Puka was kicking ass, so we figured we could hurt them. Remember, at that time we hadn't talked to him so we didn't know much about him at all.

QJaz: In Billy's boot ep, we saw you and Cristina chatting in Spanish. Was that strategy or did you frequently converse in Spanish?

Cecilia: That was so weird. I don’t know why she did that, because everyone spoke Spanish, so if she was trying to be secretive, well, that wouldn’t work. No, we didn’t often speak. I think I may be the only native speaker; although Oz was born in Mexico I think he grew up here. I know that Cristina’s Spanish is not very good, so I had a hard time understanding her. That is why I was, "Who??? What??/ Oscar who???" JP had only said a few words here and there. I don’t think he speaks it well.

Piranhahaha: Did your tribe contemplate that by ditching Billy, you were saving someone else's nightmare?

smokeitgood: Piranhahaha, I asked Rebecca what would've happened if Hiki had lost the second IC, and she said they would've kept Nate and booted Stephannie because they realized they needed his strength.

Cecilia: What do you mean, Piranhahaha? Where we made the mistake was not thinking ahead. We really thought that we'd have at least one more boot before the merge. We figured that if they had gone through so much trouble with the race thing, they would get their money's worth and make it last. So when we were going to the merge, we thought we were going to a challenge. We must have looked stupid because we were all talking how now we were gonna kick butt and this and that. Also, we were so focused on the Billy drama that we did not plan on how we were gonna stay alive in the game and take care of each other.

Oowatanite: Did you know beforehand that Billy was gonna mention Candice at the TC where he was booted?

Cecilia: No, I knew about his 'love at first sight' but I didn't think he would bring it up. It was random. And he mentioned it out of nowhere. I think he did it to have people talking about him for months to come.

Oowatanite: It was pretty funny seeing you and Cristina trying to hold in your laughter before giving up and having a good laugh.

Cecilia: I know. It was so funny especially Jeffy's reaction. His eyes popped out and he covered his mouth so as not to laugh in his face.


MERGE/SWAP
cesspooldiver: Why were Aitu and Raro the camps chosen over Puka and Hiki? Seems like Aitu and Puka had the best camps.

Cecilia: I don’t know. Maybe it was easer for production to shoot at / get to Raro?

James Barber: How did you feel about one of your most memorable moments being that scene at the merge/swap where you pulled your buff down your legs?


Cecilia: LOL. I don't mind it. They must have thought I was sexy…then again who wouldn’t’!!! J/K. They did the same to Candice…maybe some camera man had a stripper fetish or something.

salchicho: Why was Flicka your first choice in the pick 'em game?

Cecilia: She seemed very strong and down to earth. I remembered from finals in LA where we made eye contact (she was listening to her iPod and flashed me a big smile.) She just seemed real.

Sol Invicto: I love that scene where the tribes merge and Jonathan tries to kiss you and you turn your head away. Did you think he was going to slip you the tongue?

Cecilia: LOL. No, I think I was in shock because of the merge. I WAS NOT HAPPY :) I think I was looking back to JP and Cristina like "WTF."

Callboy389: And what were Sundra and Becky like on the nuAitu tribe in the little time you spent with them? We all know they got horrible edits but I was curious to see what you thought from the short time you spent with them.

Cecilia: Hmm, to be honest, I didn't get to know Sundra and Becky that much. Sundra a bit more, she seemed very sweet and very happy with the merge. I remember that Ozzy went fishing (while all the talking was going on to vote me off, that is why he couldn't defend me I think) and he came back with a boatload of fish. Actually I think that that scene when Yul wants to call Oz 'Poseidon' is from that time. I can be wrong, but I recognized the fish! I laid them on the slash (that is want we called the wooden board - inside joke.) Anyway, Sundra was almost in tears of joy. We talked about her son, men, life etc. She seemed really sweet and tried to lay low. I tried to chat up Becky too, asked her about her work, which I think makes her amazing, but I had to pull info out with a spoon. She wasn't that open to me.

Krom777: Who was the leader of the group and were there any arguments about it?

Cecilia: I don’t think there was a leader in the original Aitu. And by the time I left the merged Aitu, no one had stepped up as a leader.

AMAI: How much did you tell the girls (and guys) at New Aitu about the thrown challenge?

Cecilia: At least until I was gone, we didn't tell the new Aitu about the thrown challenge. When they asked us what happened to Billy, we said that he was really sick (which he was) and that's why we voted him off. Actually I remembered telling Oscar that we should take it to the grave (or the merge) because it would have been like Interview With The Vampires. You know, when the old vampires find out that Brad Pitt killed Tom Cruise and they bury him alive???

Will: LOL! What a bizarre reference!!! And I love it!

Cecilia: Well that is why we didn't tell them. I don't know when they found out.

Oowatanite: Why did you decide to tell Candice all about Billy's love?

Cecilia: Because there was a small chance that he wasn't full of it. So I wanted to find out the truth (if she told him she loved him too, like he said) because part of the reason for throwing the challenge was I did not believe a word he said. So by telling Candice, I was hoping to get a confirmation if my feelings about Billy were founded or not...make sense?

finisthemoff: What do you remember about the ep 3 challenge?

Cecilia: That it sucked big time. Yul came up with the plan of: "We have no chance against the beefcakes, we go one way around and the girls drop their weight to the men and we try to catch them by surprise." It was really tiring. Also, I was not happy about the merge. I really loved my original Aitu, and after throwing the challenge I was praying for the chance to show that we did the right thing, but we didn't get it. I was missing JP and feeling that I would have been a better fit at the Raro tribe, so I tried to suck it up and play along and not show that I was disappointed (that is why I made such a big effort of being the hostess with the mostest - which probably came back to haunt me). Anyway, this was not a happy day.

misanthrope: Why did the team let Yul decide Aitu strategy for the Chase Around the Circle challenge? I know the Aitu guys are a lot smaller but the Aitu gals seem stronger and in better shape than the Raro gals. Aitu had a shot if they had played it straight up. And if Aitu had lost, they could've voted out the weakest performer, probably Sundra.

Cecilia: That was a tough, tough challenge. Yes, the girls were strong but man, we could not hang for that long. We fucked up and started trying to run. It was an endurance challenge so we burnt out the first run around. I think luck had a big factor in my case. We merge and turns out that the two tribes are beefcakes vs. agile smarts, and the first challenge is one day later and it's 100% strength. We had no chance.

NIGHTCRAWLER: According to your profile, you are knowledgeable in Japanese. Why didn't you use this experience to get closer to Yul and Becky?

Cecilia: I didn't have time. The one night we had together I tried to bond with Flicka and Sundra. Becky and Yul were a bit closed off.


CECILIA'S BOOT
finishthemoff: Why you and not Sundra?!

Cecilia: I don't know, lack of time. Oscar and I approached her for an alliance. Soon after Jonathan and Yul approached her, so she was the swing vote. After we lost the challenge, the first gut feeling was Becky and we tried to go with that. Not enough time to strategize.

Callboy389: Was Sundra out of the loop, or did she, like Ozzy, know that Yul was campaigning for your departure?

Cecilia: I'm sure Sundra knew. That is why she said, "Becky, I'm only voting for you because I know you're not going home tonight."

Adrian Marcello: Why do you think Becky approached Candice and Jonathan instead of you and Ozzy for an alliance? What the fuck was so great about Candice?

Cecilia: Rumor has it that they had an agreement from before the show. We were all in the same room (right before the show, when we do press). Actually: Jonathan, Ozzy, Yul, Candice, Becky and Sundra were all in the same room, Flicka and Cao Boi were in another. Anyway, I've heard that they were in a thing from before the game. Don't know for sure. What I do know is that the day the game started, we all woke up early to go to the boat and I saw Yul and Jonathan shaking hands in what could be interpreted "good luck" or "we have an agreement," I don't know. But funny that Jonathan picks Yul over seemingly stronger JP for example, and Jonathan, Yul and girls had an alliance right away.

After we lost, we only had a few hours before Tribal. I'd say 4 max. So I've only had 1.5 days to get to know my new tribe.

The two people in my "agreement," Cao Boi and Flicka, were very vocal about how they didn't want to play the game, form alliances, they just wanted to camp and go fishing (at least at first). Cao Boi had said, "Don't talk to me about alliances, let's just vote for the weakest link." He was the fist one to call out Becky, but was persuaded based on the Puka bond. Once he flips, Jessica gets scared and she flips.

I realize that may be happening and I try to plead my case and five minutes later the producers yell at us and say, "Shut up, you gotta go to Tribal, can't talk anymore." I just ran out of time.

Astridr: Sheesh, did the producers really tell you to shut up? I didn't think they would stop you and interfere with the game. I thought you'd be free to garner votes all the way till voting.

Cecilia: Nope. We were all talking about the vote and Ozzy and I were trying to convince Cao Boi and Flicka not to flip. We straight got told to shut up and move it. After that I was really pissed off. It was all too fast. I had just met them. In the end, I think my vote was pivotal because it sealed Yul's and Becky's power over the whole game. And who were the first Aitu people who joined in Australia? Cao Boi and Flicka.

Adrian Marcello: Cecilia, for real? They actually told you to shut up? DAAAAAAMMMMN, they had it out for you. Looks like someone didn't want you to win. ;)

Cecilia: Not just me; they told they whole tribe to shut up, stop talking and go to tribal.

Dogmatic Atheist: Besides Ozzy, who was an outsider from start to finish? The rest seems to add up as a group.

Cecilia: Yes, but he either slept or listened to his music the whole time. Oscar mostly slept. There don't seem to be any resentments among the cast members this season. Some people don't like some people, or they think they did something dumb but it's all PC. I know that pisses you off :)

finishthemoff: According to Ozzy, he sadly voted against Becky and accused her of, "You never try to get to know me." What did he mean by it?

Cecilia: Well, we had little time together before that vote. I think that Becky was all business: making alliances, strategizing, etc. so while most of us chit chatted and got friendly, she was more serious and more focused.

dannystultz: You went far too early.

Cecilia: Hmm yes. Dumbass Flicka screwed me (she only flipped when Cao Boi flipped) and they both got to join me in Australia for the non-jury trip. Now Flicka is one of my BFFs and I will love her always.

I spend many nights thinking and rethinking about the game. What I coulda, shoulda, woulda done. How I should have targeted Jonathan instead of Becky, how I should have made a good plea at Tribal; told Cao Boi that Yul and Jonathan had an alliance, told Flicka to stick with me for the numbers; told everyone that I thought Yul had the idol, etc. It never stops. It's crazy. This weekend was pretty intense. I mean it's over. It's done. On to Fiji.

James Barber: Were you disappointed with your edit on the show?

Cecilia: Yes and no. Yes because I was barely on the show. Hence the “Cecilia who? Questions” but at the same time, when I was shown, I was shown to be friendly and real. They showed that whole bit when Oz was sad/ mad I got voted off. Only someone well liked would get that. And when they went to the next challenge and Jeff goes, "Meet the new Aitu," the flash to JP and Cristina, looking at each other like “WTF!!”

So in the end, even though I was invisible, I still got to be part of it, had an amazing experience and got to go back to my real like with nothing to be ashamed of.

salchicho: How fast did the game go by on the island? Would you say that the editing was fairly accurate of the way that you and the people that you knew on the island were portrayed?

Cecilia: Time went very slow. By day 2 I felt that I had been there for 3 weeks. I think it was accurate in the sense that what they showed actually happened and it was real. But it was one-sided. Like Parvati, yes she is a fun flirty girl, but she is not only a fun flirty girl. I’m sure everyone says the same thing.


EARLY BOOTEES LOUNGE
survivor300: Was Sucks ever discussed on the show? At Loser Lodge, did they tell you not to talk about the show with the others or was it okay since you were not part of the vote?

Cecilia: They recommended us not to read the blogs, just for peace of mind. We could talk about the game all we wanted, but it got old quick.

finishthemoff: At Loser's Lodge did you tell Billy that Candice said that she didn't love him and she said "we love you"?

Cecilia: Yes, but I was very careful and sensitive about it. I knew that Candice could come and join us anytime and I didn't want it to catch him by surprise.

Sol Invicto: Did Billy wear that same shirt the whole time he was at loser's lodge? Is it fused permanently to his skin or something?

Cecilia: No, he has more shirts, most (if not all) with skulls and bones.

James Barber: Were you surprised when JP was voted out?

Cecilia: No, actually I called it. I figured, there is no way they are gonna have back to back IC that are all about brawn, so Raro is gonna lose for sure. Also, I figured that they would see him as a threat as an individual competitor, but that they didn’t need him as a team competitor because they had 3 other strong guys. So I knew he was coming.

Hall and Oates in Panama: Out of all the people who showed up after you, was one the most shocking?

Cecilia: Not one, I called Steph, Flicka, Cao Boi. JP knew that Cristina would be soon too.

garblue: Who was the most bitter of the pre-jury bunch? Did Cao Boi spend all day trashing Yul and Becky?

Cecilia: Billy. He wasn’t so much bitter, but he had a lot of post=game issues. The morning after Steph came, JP and I woke up to hear Billy talking about us and the game and how we did him so wrong. He knew that it would take him a while to get over it. Cao Boi was pretty bitter too. The same day he got there, he apologized to me for fucking up on my vote.

MultiGeminii: What's your best story from Loser's Lodge?

Cecilia: Gotta check my blog.

Krom777: Did everyone make up and apologize for their behavior how they acted on the island at loser lounge? Or are there still some resentments towards each other?

Ceci: Yeah, it was all good at losers lodge … even if it wasn't. People were nice and civil to each other. I was kinda scared to come back because of Billy, but he welcomed me with open arms. And I know Flicka and Cao Boi were scared because of me, but it was all good.

quietsurvivorfan: What was the per diem for loser's lodge? Did they provide the food you all cooked, or were you supposed to buy your own food on the per diem?

Cecilia: While in the Cooks, they boated in food. In Australia we bought it.

finishthemoff: How do you feel about JP's and Cristina's reactions to your boot? You can tell that they are bummed to see you gone so soon. Frankly, so was I.

Cecilia: Thanks! I loved it. JP and Cris told me that they noticed I wasn’t happy with the merge. And JP and super surprised that I got voted off because I was pretty strong and down for what eva!

Francois40: What did the "loser lodge" folks think when they found out the jury began at 12th? What sorts of speculation?

Cecilia: We realized when Cristina, Cao Boi and Flicka came to join us in Noosa. I think they were supposed to go somewhere else. And we were trying to figure out why they would do that. We didn't realize that it would be a final 3.


NON-JURY TRIP to NOOSA HEADS, Queensland, Australia
Cecilia: OMG I have a great Cao Boi story from Australia. It's better if I act it out, but I'll try. In the show, they give us these black hooded cloaks (like crazy monk). We called it the "scream outfit." We wear these when they take us to the airport and stuff (so the hundreds of crazy fans and paparazzi who travel all the way out there can't get us. Yeah right.) Anyway, we were in a club in Noosa and all of a sudden we turn around and see Cao Boi coming in wearing nothing but a pair of jeans and the scream outfit doing his Cao Boi dance (arms out like a mummy with spirit fingers). It was hilarious. Only Cao Boi would do something like that. He stole the scream outfit!

CuriousGeorgeTown: What did SEG let you do there? I mean, so that you wouldn't be noticed by spoilers?

Cecilia: It was weird. If they wanted us to go unnoticed that was the last place to send us. We stuck out like sore thumbs. Noosa is pretty quiet and not very diverse (race wise) and all of a sudden you have a Cao Boi and a Sekou and a crazy hair Flicka around: everyone knew us. Funny, they thought we were the cast of Big Brother Australia, or that Cristina was JLo, Flicka and I backup dancers, Cao Boi was JLo's cook, JP and Billy bodyguards and Sekou the band manager, and that we were hiding out in Noosa because JLo gained weight.

Everyone: LOL!

CuriousGeorgeTown: How long were you there and what were some of the things you did?

Cecilia: We just hung out, ate, went shopping, to the beach, clubbing. We had some activities: surfing, whale watching, horseback riding, zoo, working out. Mostly we cooked, drank lots of wine, jammed on the balcony (since Sekou, Billy and one of the handlers are musicians), drank lots of wine. It was the best time ever. Seriously.

We call ourselves the Noosa Heads Tribe (as opposed to Aitutonga). It was amazing that we had that time together. We bonded and got to know each other outside of the game. We had a couple of potlucks and dinner parties among ourselves and it was lovely to see everyone so into each other.

So if any of you are lucky enough to do the show, but end up getting voted off early, yes, it sucks, but you have an amazing trip to look forward to. Trust me. Part of my positive Survivor experience was the non-jury trip.

Oh, another fun fact: a bunch of us got tattoos by the same artist, so we are tat brothers and sisters :)


FINALE

Cecilia: This was taken backstage at the finale while we were watching the final show before the live show. We are laughing at the pathetic fire-making tiebreaker.

Oowatanite: I loved that pic of the players laughing while watching the pathetic fire challenge at the reunion. Were the final 4 / final 3 segregated in another room before the final 12 went out on the stage for the vote reveal?

Cecilia: No, we were all in the same room, but they went downstairs (to the stage) early to get all set up and ready for the vote count. They were sitting on the stage by the time they were airing the last tribal.

love me or leave me: Were you rooting for Ozzy to win?

Cecilia: I like Yul, but I was really rooting for Ozzy. Matter of fact, when they announced the winner I ran to hug Ozzy first. Nate stopped me but I was really sad Oscar didn't win, but I'm glad a deserving person won.

smokeitgood: Cecilia, you had the unfortunate privilege of having to sit next to Billy at the Reunion. Did he awkwardly say "I love you" to you at any point during a commercial break or are you too non-metal for him?

Cecilia: LOL. He has been calling me lil sis. So, no making out. Damn! That sucks.

smokeitgood: Tell us what Cao Boi was trying to say when Jeff shut him up at the Reunion since you were sitting maybe 3 people away from him.

Cecilia: I didn't ask Cao Boi about that. I think he was trying to reply to Brad's comment on the racial jokes??? I'm not sure. I was kinda tuned out and really, really tired. I looked super haggard at the finale because it was after 4 days of all night partying :) Should have rested up, but it was a fun time.

Krom777: What happened to Nate's leg? Did Jonathon kick his butt?

Cecilia: I think Nate sprained his ankle.

Oowatanite: Were there any Survivor alumni at the parties after the finale show was over? Whom did you meet and whom did you like?

Cecilia: Johnny Fairplay and RyanO were throwing a party. We were all excited about going because I have met these guys and others and I really wanted to go. Also I knew a lot of fans had flown out to LA just to meet us. But CBS said we couldn't go. As part of out contract we had to go to the In Touch party and they said that if we went, we were jeopardizing our price money.

Oowatanite: Do you have any funny stories to share?

Cecilia: I'm waiting to get the pics from my friends. We took lots of pics. We took one of the original Aitu 5 and it was super cute. We had like 20 cameras flashing. It's an adorable picture. Can't wait to share it with you guys.


OTHER CONTESTANTS
finishthemoff: I have a weird feeling that Yul has a "superior complex" as if he thinks he is too good for people like Cao Boi, Flicka, and Ozzy. Does he come off that way?

Cecilia: Hmmm. I don't know about that, don't know him that well. I do think that some people can't believe he is for real and that he is always politicking or has an agenda. I think it's because some people think that when something is too good to be true, it usually isn't. Like when one guy is being hit on by this amazingly beautiful girl at a club, way out of his league, and then realizes she's a trannie? (Inside joke with some friends) But anyway, I think that Yul is such a nice guy that the average Joe would think he's faking it.

Double Edged Sword: Can you ask J.P. what he thinks of our "Things J.P. Rolls His Eyes At" thread?

Cecilia: I have asked JP about the eye rolling thing: he loves it and thinks it's hilarious.

AMAI: Uh oh. Spoiler warning: the gay guys are going to ask after Brad and J.P. now!

nomiii: Is Brad a top or bottom? How about JP? Are they hung? Details and the secret pics you took of them please.

Cecilia: I don't want to answer the JP/Brad question. It's not my place. EVERYONE comes here. I've been coming here since I found out I was on the show. Ozzy's girl told me he was pretty addicted like me for a while. Who else started posting here? From my season I mean?

Spirit of: If it's to be believed both Ozzy and Jonathan have posted.

smokeitgood: Cecilia, there were rumors of you having a crush on JP around the time that the rumors about Brad and JP came out, so tell us what happened there.

Cecilia: JP is super hot, who could not have a crush on him????? Boy, girl, monkey, everyone can agree that he is hot. So yes, I had a crush on him. And yes, we flirted on the island. But now we are just good friends.

The Purple Parrot: "We are just good friends" = code for "I'm not JP's type because he doesn't like vagina."

Dogmatic Atheist: How is Billy doing these days with Candice? Have they begun a serious relationship yet? And does Billy sleep and shower in his clothes as well?

Cecilia: I'll tell Billy to post here... but tomorrow. I like the attention :)

Piranhahaha: Did you ever hear the punchline to Cao Boi's "a Vietnamese with three dogs" joke?

Cecilia: Something about a caterer?

MoriahBDC: Sundra said she didn't reveal she was an actress, what about Jonathan? Did you know about his Hollywood career on the island?

Cecilia: He told us he was a writer/producer. I didn’t know he was an actor.

finishthemoff: I remember reading it somewhere that you and Flicka considered Ozzy your little brother. How come?

Cecilia: I did. I really had a sisterly love for Oscar. I thought he was an amazing guy. I said that at tribal council but they didn't show it. I'm close to JP and Flicka, but Stephannie and Sekou are my big sis/ big bro. Love them dearly.

agent2424: Cece who would you say was the worst competitor this season, physically, mentally and socially?

Cecilia: Physically: Billy? Mentally: Flicka? Maybe just because she didn't want to pay the strategy game. Socially: Billy, because he antagonized his would-be allies.

finishthemoff: Is Flicka prettier in person than on the show? It seems that many of us (not including myself) don't find Jessica attractive.

Cecilia: She is beautiful. Lots of style and a blast to hang with. She's certainly not mainstream, but really a cutie.

tutorial: Can you tell Cristina that I love her and that I admire her will to fight in her life when she got shot during her duty?

Cecilia: Will do, I will email her to come here because she has lots of fans. You just gotta be nice to her, because she may get offended quickly. She has a thick skin but she don't play around :)

NIGHTCRAWLER: I read in some "Entertainment" magazine that Sekou told everyone that he is a psychologist or something.

Cecilia: He did because one of the reporters brought up Dan Fuego last season and somehow it inspired Se to lie. I don't know why. Weird.

NC: I also heard Billy is really good at making fire. What is the whole story?

Cecilia: What? With a lighter, maybe...

platinumtic: How bad was the body odor/hygiene for everyone while you were there? My friend said that Flicka looks like a girl who would smell bad and have armpit hair.

Cecilia: Mostly we smelled like smoke, but we couldn’t smell each other. We were clean enough, from being in the ocean. Cris and I had Spa day – we rubbed each other with mixture of salt and coconut. We boiled our clothes with some coconut pieces, so it actually smelled great. But one of the producers would call us “the stinkies.”

agent2424: Have you watched previous Survivors before? If so what is your favorite season *other than Cook Islands* and who is your favorite player from a previous season?

Cecilia: Well to be honest, the only one I've watched from end to end is Exile Island, and I love Cirie!

Francois40: Who are some of the Survivors from previous seasons you have met? Is there a big "master email list" or something to which you all belong and keep up (top secret from the public, naturally)?

Cecilia: I don't know of a list. Most of us get in touch via MySpace, I've met Aras, Bobby, Bruce, Courtney, Ken, Brooke, RyanO, Fairplay, Jeff Wilson, Janu ... And I think a couple more. Oh, Misty of course. Crazy thing. I know a couple of people compared us for the fact that we were both seemingly strong brunettes that got voted off 3rd for no good reason. But even before the show, I felt I had a weird connection with her (even before meeting her) so I reached out to her and she had been waiting to meet me too. We talked on the phone and we have sooo many things in common. It was really cool.

Francois40: Who have you not met but would like to?

Cecilia: Sandra!

WHAT IFS
blurry: If not Flicka, then who would have been your second choice during the pick-em at the first "merge"?

Cecilia: Hmmm, if not Flicka I would have picked Parvati, I think. She looked like a fun girl. But I couldn't pick her because she was a captain. So, then, maybe Jenny.

ryanne35: How do you think you could have done in the individual challenges? Any in particular you wish you could have competed in?


blurry: [re fto's SandFight pic] Oh, if only Ceci had been around long enough to participate in THIS challenge...

Cecilia: Dude, I would have kicked ass in that challenge. I got 34 inches of leg (X2) and like hmmm 20 inches or so arm. I would have wrapped myself around that post like nobody's business :)


THE END ... of this Blog Entry
There you go. Ceci's thread is still going strong at Sucks and there is plenty more to read. Plus she has a blog around somewhere! She pops in to visit, so if you'd like to ask her something, or just say hi, come over to Sucks and post!

Thanks for reading.


Until next time, thanks for visiting Survivor Sucks The Blog.

Check out Sir Links A Lot Survivor Cook Islands

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home